By Stefan Wintermeyer, Stephen Bosch
Utilizing the open resource Asterisk platform, you could set up a state of the art VoIP PBX on a inexpensive laptop or server for a fragment of the price of traditional PBX platforms. the single crisis to Asterisk is its notoriously bad documentation. useful Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6 is the answer to that challenge. This ebook offers the entire special, real-world, ground-level details you want to plan, set up, configure, and reliably function Asterisk in any setting.
This instructional and reference systematically introduces every one of Asterisk’s key development blocks and exhibits the way to use them to enforce a whole spectrum of communications ideas, from conferencing to name queuing, voicemail and fax to IVR. top Asterisk experts Stefan Wintermeyer and Stephen Bosch draw on their broad adventure, offering particular utilization examples and functional counsel no longer on hand wherever else.
* targeted directions for configuring a simple Asterisk procedure
* A start-to-finish company case instance demonstrating Asterisk layout for real-world deployment
* a radical creation to dialplan functions and capabilities
* the way to use the recent Asterisk Extensions Language to construct concise, readable, and maintainable dialplans
* utilizing Asterisk’s varied community and IP telephony protocols, audio formats, and twine transports
* Configuring Asterisk’s strong voicemail positive factors
* construction a cosmopolitan Interactive Voice reaction (IVR) procedure with Asterisk
* Defining and using name queues in name middle environments
* utilizing Asterisk’s integrated conferencing capabilities
* Controlling Asterisk from exterior functions, scripts, or the procedure shell
* Interacting with exterior purposes during the Asterisk Gateway Interface
* constructing extension tracking and tricks for SIP phones
* Upgrading latest platforms to the newest types of Asterisk
Whether you’re a community expert, telephony professional, software program developer, or energy consumer, functional Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6 will give you the main thorough element and useful Asterisk assistance on hand wherever.