Read Online or Download Design, Eval of Heat Utiliz Systems - High-Temp Engineering Test Reactor (IAEA TECDOC-1236) PDF
Best engineering books
This new name presents a accomplished account of the present nation of the most sorts of airborne and spaceborne radar structures. each one process is roofed by way of the elemental radar ideas, capabilities and homes, in addition to the radar's function in the total procedure and venture. Given altering operational standards, the authors additionally think of how radar may possibly evolve into the long run.
This ebook offers a cautious collection of the contributions awarded on the Mathematical equipment in Engineering (MME10) overseas Symposium, held on the Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra- Engineering Institute of Coimbra (IPC/ISEC), Portugal, October 21-24, 2010. the amount discusses contemporary advancements approximately theoretical and utilized arithmetic towards the answer of engineering difficulties, hence overlaying quite a lot of subject matters, corresponding to: automated keep watch over, self reliant platforms, machine technological know-how, Dynamical platforms and regulate, Electronics, Finance and Economics, Fluid Mechanics and warmth move, Fractional arithmetic, Fractional Transforms and Their functions, Fuzzy units and structures, picture and sign research, snapshot Processing, Mechanics, Mechatronics, Motor keep an eye on and Human circulate research, Nonlinear Dynamics, Partial Differential Equations, Robotics, Acoustics, Vibration and regulate, and Wavelets.
- Engineering Foods for Bioactives Stability and Delivery
- Excel 2010 Power Programming with VBA (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf)
- Spatial variation of seismic ground motions : modeling and engineering applications
- Web Information Systems Engineering – WISE 2007: 8th International Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering Nancy, France, December 3-7, 2007 Proceedings
- Mechanics of Materials: An Introduction to Engineering Technology
- Programmable Logic Controllers (4th Edition)
Extra info for Design, Eval of Heat Utiliz Systems - High-Temp Engineering Test Reactor (IAEA TECDOC-1236)
Methanol is a clean synthetic fuel and chemical stock. 8 kcal / mole Today, low-pressure (<10 MPa) and low-temperature (220-270°C) commercial methanol synthesis are available, based on a Cu/ZnO/Al2O3 catalyst. 5% conversion is obtained. Since the ratio of H2/CO is 1:1 for the product of the reaction of CO2 reforming of CH4, it has to be adjusted to the ratio of 2:1 for methanol production. In the case where, for instance, feed stock from Natuna gas is used, it is necessary to balance the stoichiometry with water, for example: CH 4 + 2 3 CO2 + 2 3 H 2 O ® 4 3 CH 3 OH Methanol itself can be a precursor to the production of fuel additives like MTBE or synthetic gasoline, as well as other important chemicals, such as formaldehyde, acetic acid, etc.
A steam/methane reforming system has the advantages as described below: 1) It is highly possible to couple the steam reforming system to the HTTR in the early 2000's because a fossil-fired steam reforming of natural gas (methane) or naphtha is an economical and mature technology for production of hydrogen in the chemical industries. 2) Technical solutions demonstrated by coupling the steam reforming system to the HTTR will contribute to other nuclear-heated hydrogen production systems. 3) Nuclear-heated steam reforming is a practicable means for producing hydrogen because of pre-combustion removal of CO2 from hydrocarbon resources, such as natural gas and coal, and has significant potential as a method to facilitate the transition from fossil fuels to future hydrogen energy systems .
1. FIG. 1. HTTR steam reforming hydrogen production system diagram. 27 JAERI has been studying application of the HTTR for this process in order to demonstrate industrial capabilities for the use of nuclear heat. The current schedule for testing of the steam reforming hydrogen production process coupled to the HTTR is 2007. Key development achievements include the design of a new concept of steam reformer using a bayonet type catalyst tube, a natural convection type of steam generator integrated with a natural ventilated air cooler and basic safety design criteria for accidents involving fire and explosion originating at the steam reforming plant.
Design, Eval of Heat Utiliz Systems - High-Temp Engineering Test Reactor (IAEA TECDOC-1236)